you tube softball

Monday, May 10, 2010

23 things final post

Well, I have to say that I am very happy that I decided to participate in this class. I am also very appreciative to all of the mentors and anyone else behind the scenes that made this possible. There are so many things out there on the web that I had never heard of and so many of them are extremely easy to do. Just don't be afraid, jump in, and have fun. Here are some of the things I learned:

1. Do not be intimidated. Sure, new is scary but if you just go in with an open mind and follow what are pretty much always simply instructions, you can learn to do just about anything.

2. Explore, explore, explore. I had no idea what was out there.
3. You can go to just about any computer and access just about anything you need without saving to a flashdrive. Google docs, delicious, picture storage, cloud computing.
4. Blogging is so much fun. Now if only someone cared about what I had to say :)
5. You can find a blog on just about anything that you are interested in.
6. I loved making the animoto slideshow. I would seriously be tempted to pay so that I could make longer slideshows to sent to family that all live out of state.
7. It really isn't hard to post something to youtube.
8. Wikis are great for editing lists and documents if you have several people involved.
9. Shelfari rocks! I love listing and reviewing books. And it's really nice to see other peoples reviews.
10. There are still several areas that I need to continue studying (google docs, RSS feeds, etc.)
11. It was kind of strange having homework again.
12. I still haven't learned not to procrastinate. I would sometimes do 2 to 3 lessons per week instead of just keeping up.
13. I'm still excited to learn!
14. The younger generation is so far ahead of me it isn't even funny :)
15. How important privacy settings are.
16. There is something out there for everyone. There are tools for businesses, hobbies, organization. From homemakers to college students to CEO's there is something that will make your life easier.
17. I'm scared and excited to see how much things change over time.
18. How much we depend on computers and the internet. It seems like we couldn't survive without them and yet somehow, we did.
19. I miss an actual classroom setting. Weird, I know but I like being able to physically have someone there to answer questions and guide me.
20. I wish I had more time to play on the computer.
21. I really hope there are more classes so I can continue learning and growing.
22. There are hundreds of us out there who are willing to learn and help their fellow librarians learn and grow. AWESOME!
23. I really had no idea how much fun this would be. I thought it would be educational and helpful but I had no idea I would discover so many fun things and fun people. Thanks everyone for your time and effort. You were great!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear you learned so much! I have to say I kind of miss an actual classroom setting, too. Or at least some sort of a lab working session. It is nice to have others around to answer questions or to help. I didn't realize it would be so fun either. Or... how addicted I would get to some things and how much less time I would have! I can get on Facebook and before I know it 30 minutes are gone.

    Janelle Mercer, SWKLS

    ReplyDelete